Friday, October 21, 2011

Complete, At Last


Some detail of the what lies within:
the door knobs are two lamp work beads with antiqued brads.
Some seashells and coral from a friend's trip to Florida for a Judo competition and the crucified Christ is made from floral wire, wrapped in twill tape that was inked with terra cotta chalk ink. The face is Fimo clay, also inked . The nails are crimp beads and the cross is layered in handmade paper from China, newspaper and twill tape that was stamped with more Lumiere paints. The Christ and Sun were sprayed with Smooch Spray in Gold and Vanilla.




The last photo is the completed piece. After it was finished, I really wanted to keep it, rather than auction it off. It pleased me, not only because it was complete, but because I had faced the challenge ... stepped way, way out of my comfort zone.
I was completely fascinated by the process of building, assembling and finding the objects for the shrine. Each piece of the process was a true joy for me and I'm looking forward to creating similar pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment